Statement Of User Requirements Development
At some point in time your organization my need to roll a software system such as an ERP system. At RealFin we help organizations in making reasonable estimates of how big a project is and how much it is going to cost. This information is usually captured in a Business requirements or Statement of User requirements (SOUR). The SOUR will detail the business solution for a project including the documentation of customer needs and expectations.
S.O.U.R will help in achieving the following:
- Conduct a study of major processes and procedures.
- Identify critical issues and priority areas regarding management information systems.
- Review available information systems with a view to integrate and streamline reporting.
- Define the scope of work for integrated ERP / Software rollout requirements and other computerisation and IT integration issues.
- Highlight change in business processes required and effort in implementing those changes before and after deploying an ERP / Software.
- Develop a detailed roadmap for ERP / Software implementation and computerisation.
- Estimate detailed cost, time and effort required for ERP implementation as per the roadmap.
- Offer transitionary advisory services to evaluate proposals from vendors and ERP partners and recommend a contractor to implement the project as per the roadmap.
The most common objectives of a SOUR document are:
- To gain agreement with stakeholders.
- To provide a foundation to communicate to a technology service provider what the solution needs to do to satisfy the customer’s and business’ needs.
- To provide input into the next phase for this project.
- To describe what not how the customer/business needs will be met by the solution.